Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Raindrops keep falling on my head....

There is just one drop of rain on my window. Looks like someone is trying to hold back tears but one got away.

There is something that is very beautiful and inspirational about watching the rain. I could do it for hours, just look out of the window and see it lashing down on everything. The first rain of the season is the most gorgeous. It is cleansing, like a much needed fragrant bath.

I love the smell of wed mud afterwards. I love the constant pitter-patter of the rain on a tin roof. I love the sound of rain when I am curled in bed. I love looking out of the window and seeing little kids splash in the puddles. I love seeing kids make paper boats and sail them in puddles. (do kids still do that?)

Ironically, the same rain that is a muse for many an artist, causes so much havoc in the lives of people. That’s Mother Nature telling us not to take her for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home