Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Best friends.

The other day I was talking to my 7 year old neice about her day. She told me how she spent the entire day with her friend, Shibu. So I asked her if Shibu was a best friend. She said no. So, naturally, i asked her what her the name of her best pal was. Her answer really surprised me. She told me her best friend was herself. She further explained that all her other friends fought all time with their 'best' friends and she never fought with herself. So it was just easier being her own best friend.

I wish I had that much wisdom when I was 7 it would have saved me a lot of time and effort.
The little one is a smart cookie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meghna said...

Wow! Tthat's a well-adjusted little girl. I think at 7 I was still trying to find a best friend...actually...I was probably fighting with all of my best friends :)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Someone Somewhere Out There said...

heh heh heh. Forget about at 7, even at 28, I am still not my own best friend.

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi chitta
nuice post. you mean chechi , right?
anyway i like your blog
from karuna

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home