Saturday, May 06, 2006

Is this growing up???

We are 7 of us. We grew up together. All my childhood memories include all of them and all the great times we had. There is a huge age difference between us but it did not matter. We fought a lot and had our differences. But now that I am grown up I realize those were all trivial and silly and what we shared was indeed very special. Not many people have so many of their loved ones around them.
During the summers we would enact silly plays and have fancy dress competitions. Every festival, birthday and family function we’d get together and eat and eat till we could not move. We have too many memories to even enumerate.
Now all of us are grown up. All married, ‘settled’ all have kids (other than me). But during the years something happened. Something that I do not like. The differences are not so petty or trivial now. I do not know if they are just blown out of proportion or if it is really serious. I am told it is really serious. Can’t we just kiss and make up like we used to? We are supposed to be more mature and sensible now than we were 20 years ago so shouldn’t it be easier now? I guess then our moms would tell us to apologize and put it behind us, after all its family. Our moms do not say it anymore. It hurts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandgroper said...

All differences are normally petty. It's just that when we grow up, we tend to immediately assume a hidden motive / agenda behind someone else's actions. As kids, we do not assume a motive.

1:48 PM  
Blogger T 1 said...

The world of self-ego that requires others to agree that YOU are correct.

This was the graduation talk that Moogat had given us, and he was actually laying down a timeline

10:52 PM  
Blogger Someone Somewhere Out There said...

Yeah.. I've just discovered myself, "you cant go back home"

I now know what they meant.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home